Career prospects in the health care sector are strong. According to the Association of University Programs in Health Administration, health care is the largest industry in the United States today and the second-largest employer, directly responsible for more than 11 million jobs.
The demand for medical services is expected to continue to grow, as baby boomers age and older adults stay active in their later years. More health administrators will be needed to organize and manage the growing numbers of health staff and programs. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs for health services managers are projected to increase by 17 percent between 2014 and 2024, much faster than the average of all professions.
A Field with High Earning Potential
Jobs in health administration are well compensated. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for medical and health services managers was $94,500 in 2015. The top 10 percent of these managers earned more than $165,380 per year.
Diverse Job Opportunities
Graduates of the MHA program are qualified to fill a wide variety of health administration positions and job functions, including roles in the following areas:
- Junior, mid-level and senior management
- Business development and project management
- Process management and improvement
- Clinical program evaluation and quality management
- Policy development, analysis and evaluation
High Job Placement Rates for MHA Grads
Our program has consistently high job placement rates for its graduates. On average, 89 percent of our graduates have found job placements within three months of graduation.
Many of our students pursue postgraduate administrative fellowships, which gives them intensive, hands-on training in health administration at a health care organization. Learn more about post-graduate administrative fellowships.
Here are just a sampling of recent job placements for MHA graduates:
- Administrative Specialist, Kaiser Permanente, Renton, WA
- Clinic Coordinator, Naval Branch Health Clinic, Groton, CT
- Clinic Manager, SeaMar, Vancouver, WA
- Financial Analyst, Valley Medical Center, Renton, WA
- Finance Manager, Northwest Physicians Network, Tacoma, WA
- Organization Development Specialist, Confluence Health, Wenatchee, WA
- Process Improvement Consultant, Primary Children’s Hospital, Salt Lake City, UT
- Project & Decision Support Manager, Health Facilities Planning and Development, Seattle, WA
- Project Manager, Virginia Mason, Seattle, WA
- Quality Management System Program Manager, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- Staff & Leadership Development Specialist, Confluence Health, Wenatchee, WA
- Senior Women & Infant’s Business Development Specialist, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA