Career prospects in the health care sector are strong. According to the Association of University Programs in Health Administration, health care is the largest industry in the United States today and the second-largest employer, directly responsible for more than 11 million jobs.
The demand for medical services is expected to continue to grow, as baby boomers age and older adults stay active in their later years. More health administrators will be needed to organize and manage the growing numbers of health staff and programs. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs for health services managers are projected to increase by 20 percent between 2016 and 2026, much faster than the average of all professions. The median salary was $99,730, with the top 10 percent of earning more than $182,600 per year.
Diverse Job Opportunities
MHA graduates are qualified to fill a wide variety of health administration positions, including in these areas:
- Junior, mid-level and senior management
- Business development and project management
- Process management and improvement
- Clinical program evaluation and quality management
- Policy development, analysis and evaluation
High Job Placement Rates for MHA Grads
Our program has consistently high job placement rates for its graduates. In 2018, 94 percent of graduates were placed within three months of graduation.
Many of our students pursue postgraduate administrative fellowships, which gives them intensive, hands-on training in health administration at a health care organization. Learn more about postgraduate administrative fellowships.
Sampling of Jobs of Recent MHA Grads
- Administrative Specialist, Kaiser Permanente, Renton, WA
- Clinic Coordinator, Naval Branch Health Clinic, Groton, CT
- Clinic Manager, SeaMar, Vancouver, WA
- Financial Analyst, Valley Medical Center, Renton, WA
- Finance Manager, Northwest Physicians Network, Tacoma, WA
- Organization Development Specialist, Confluence Health, Wenatchee, WA
- Process Improvement Consultant, Primary Children’s Hospital, Salt Lake City, UT
- Project & Decision Support Manager, Health Facilities Planning and Development, Seattle, WA
- Project Manager, Virginia Mason, Seattle, WA
- Quality Management System Program Manager, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- Staff & Leadership Development Specialist, Confluence Health, Wenatchee, WA
- Senior Women & Infant’s Business Development Specialist, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA