Internships are an extremely valuable means of focusing your career plans and establishing connections in the job market. They provide an opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills you learn in the classroom to a professional setting.
MHA students are required to complete a full-time internship position during the summer between years one and two of the program. You will work in a health services organization, under the supervision of a member of that organization.
Internship Placement Process
Securing an internship is a competitive process. But with our decades-long service to our local health care communities, the UW MHA program is unique in its ability to cultivate valuable internship opportunities locally and throughout the greater Puget Sound region.
Health care organizations begin posting summer internship openings as early as winter quarter. A broad range of opportunities are available in the Seattle area, and we work with you to identify an opportunity that fits your interests and career goals. Additionally, health care organizations around the country offer summer internships that students are welcome to pursue.
Recent Internship Placements
- Capital Medical Center
- Confluence Health
- Cowlitz Health
- Evergreen Treatment Services
- Harborview Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente - Napa
- Kaiser Permanente - Portland
- Kaiser Permanente - Washington
- MultiCare Health System
- Neighborcare Health
- Northwest Physicians Network
- Providence Regional Medical Center Everett
- Seattle Children's Hospital
- Summit Pacific Medical Center
- Tulalip Health System
- UC-Davis Health
- UW Neighborhood Clinics
- UW Office of the Associate Chief Medical Officer
- Valley Medical Center
- Washington State Medical Association
- Washington State Hospital Association
- Washington State Health Care Authority
To learn about our internship policies, see MHA Policies and Resources.