The capstone project is the culmination of your MHA studies. It’s designed to give students meaningful hands-on experience in solving real-world health administration problems.
Working in teams of three to four students, teams will tackle projects submitted by health care provider organizations in the Seattle area and present recommendations to the participating organizations.
Here are some examples of recent capstone projects:
- Addressing Workforce Challenges in Rural Washington – Washington State Hospital Association & Health Workforce Institute
- Analysis and Recommendations for Developing a Quality Metrics Dashboard – Puget Sound Health Partners
- Coordinated Quality Improvement Program Plan Revisions – UW Medicine
- External Referral Process – Group Health Cooperative
- Reducing 30-Day Readmission Rates for Patients with Congestive Heart Failure: A Pilot of Acute and Post-Acute Care interventions – Swedish Medical Center, Cherry Hill Campus
- Strategic Plan for the Virginia Mason Lewis & John Dare Center and Executive Health Programs – Virginia Mason Medical Center